Thursday, April 28, 2011

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A - Revell's Streetburner

Hi fellow modelers!

This will be my first W.I.P here. I'm already working in this model for a few weeks, but only now I decided to take some pictures of it.

I'm talking about the Revell's 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A. According to the kit's manual it has a 340 cu. in. small block V8 engine with three 2-barrel carbs.

After some google images research, I decided to paint it yellow, most preciselly the Model Master Yellow PY3, a spray lacquer. The can's instructions recommend that this paint "may be clear coated in 2 hours" after the paint application. But I have some questions:

1. Can I use the Testors Glosscoat # 1261 over this paint? This is the only one I have now.

2. Should I polish the paint before I apply the clearcoat? It seems that I have some orange peel on the paint, I don't know if you can notice on the pictures below.

3. And about the decals, when should I apply them? Before or after the clearcoat?

Thanks in advance,

Starr

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/948324.aspx

Paolo Barilla Rubens Barrichello Michael Bartels Edgar Barth Giorgio Bassi

No comments:

Post a Comment