Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Supernatural Impala Conversion - Finished 6/23!

I started this as a part of the recent TV/Movie CBP, but it ended up extending way past the deadline.  So I figured I'd start a new thread to post my progress.  The base kit is AMT's '67 Impala 2-door HT, and my first step was to modify the body to the 4-door HT configuration:

 

I used the rear corners from a '68 Camaro to get the basic shape, and did a lot of filling and reshaping to flatten the trunk and blend the old and new roof components together.  I also rescribed the door lines, filled in the old door break, and removed the original trim.

 I used the stock 427 from the kit, mated to the automatic transmission from AMT's '76 Impala:


Show-accurate wheels came from Fujimi's Suzuki Jimny kit, and parts box tires provided the correct stance:

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/741761.aspx

Georges Berger Gerhard Berger Eric Bernard Enrique Bernoldi Enrico Bertaggia

No comments:

Post a Comment