Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Revell Shelby Mustang GT350H W.I.P. and advice

Hello all,

I wasn't intending on doing a WIP but have hit a stumbling block on this one so thought I would do one and ask for some advice at the same time to pick up some cool tips.

I have built the body of this mustang twice, the first attempt was a superb paint job, but i didn't know you couldn't mix different types of paints so when I went to the seal the decals with some automotive clear the whole thing just wrinkled and melted.

Anyway, went out and bought another kit to get the body shell (this was before I knew how to strip paint). prepped it and started painting, This time I did a really bad paint job! Angry so shelved it for a while until i heard about Dettol! Smile

The Progress so far ...

Stripped paint and sanded off decals

Filled some panel lines on the front and rear fenders and painted gloss red then masked stripes and sprayed in white

Stripes turned out ok, but when I peeled the masking tape off, the edges became jagged, I can touch the main body stripes up by some careful brush work, but the side skirt stripes will need to be sanded off and redone. I think this time I will use white decal paper.

Progress photos - http://s993.photobucket.com/albums/af54/mamps2007/Mustang%20GT350h/

.... and the advice

I want to lower the ride height by a couple of mm. I've read around the forum and have a good idea on how to lower the rear wheels, cut the springs off and add some extra blocks between the spring to raise the axle. But how do should I go about lowering the front? I cant see anything logical that I should cut and adjust.

Any suggestions will really help.

Thank you.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/950056.aspx

Fred Agabashian Kurt Ahrens Jr Christijan Albers Michele Alboreto Jean Alesi

No comments:

Post a Comment