Saturday, October 8, 2011

'71 GTX .......Finished!!

 Thought I'd better get some pics up of my latest build before it's all together.               It's the Revell '71 GTX with a few mods. This baby is going to run a Viper V10 from the AMT GTS Coupe kit, Pegasus Vantage wheels and custom aluminium exhaust system, plus lots of other body mods, fixes and extras..........

I started in the engine bay by cutting out the molded in battery and water bottle then filled in the holes. I shaved the back of the front valance grille so it's now see through. An area I've missed on other builds is the filler at the back of the front wheel arches which I've sheeted in with styrene. With the custom side exhaust tips I decided to make them exit through the body side, aka AAR Cuda style 'ish, so holes were cut in the body sides and in the floor pan and as they now exited at the sides I had to fill the exhaust cutouts in the rear valance. With that the fuel tank area looked a bit empty so I cut and shut the fuel tank to make it wider and fill up the void. The interior tub underside is visible through the chassis/floor pan and looked unfinished so I fabricated a tunnel filler and a filler between the tub and firewall too. Fuel and brake lines were shaved off the floor pan and I've fab'd replacements from copper and stainless steel wire.

 

Anyway enough babble here's some pics..........

 Cheers Tim

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/884339.aspx

Philippe Adams Walt Ader Kurt Adolff Fred Agabashian Kurt Ahrens Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment