Monday, March 26, 2012

1979 Camaro Z/28 - Replicating My Old 1:1 Car - Update Pics

I thought I would try something different here this time and try replicating my black 1979 Camaro Z/28 I bought brand new back in January of 1979. It's funny how I never gave this car I once owned much thought until recently and it seems now I can't get my mind off of it. I sure wished I had it today...how many of us have said that before? It was my first "brand new car" and I sure had fun with it until kids came along and then I started thinking conservatively and a muscle car did not seem practical any longer so I sold it and bought a full sized Chevy Caprice. Anyway, if I want to own a car like this today it will have to be a model and that is why I decided to build this Revell version. Unfortunately my car did not have the "T" top as this model does but this kit does not include the optional aluminum wheels which my car had so I will have to go with the standard "body coloured" steel wheels but this will be as close as I can get to it. I have a set of Red/Orange decals coming from Keith Marks but I'm going to get started on the kit anyway and hope the timing works out with the decals arriving so I don't have an interuption in the "wip". When you ordered a carmine (red) interior General Motors automatically included the trim decals in Red/Orange to match the interior. Thanks for following this topic.

My 1:1 car

 

The model. Exterior will be painted Testors "Gloss Black" enamel and the interior painted in Testors "Flat Red".

 

Engine will be painted in the correct factory colour "General Motors Blue".

More to come......................Smile

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1005364.aspx

Giovanna Amati George Amick Red Amick Chris Amon Bob Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment